The Arizona Foster Care Tax Credit is available to anyone who files Arizona Taxes!

Help an Arizona Foster Child through a gift that gives them hope for a brighter future. And, your gift comes with a dollar-for-dollar tax credit on your Arizona Income Tax Return.

A tax credit can reduce what you owe in state taxes by
$1,000 (married couples) or $500 (single filers).
Even a teen with a part-time job, by filing a simple form
is able to redirect their taxes.
Taxpayers may combine several tax credits each year:
Arizona Foster Care, Working Poor, Private School and Public School.

Most commonly asked questions about this valuable tax credit:

What is the Arizona Foster Care Tax Credit?

This is a charitable contribution you can give to qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations. Through Christian Family Care, you can reduce what you owe in state taxes by $1,000 (couples) or $500 (single filers) – all at no additional cost to you. In other words, you can either pay the State or you can give to at-risk foster children.

Does this tax credit also apply to federal tax returns?

The Arizona Foster Care Tax Credit is only a dollar-for-dollar reduction on your State taxes. You may also be able to claim a federal tax deduction for the amount donated. Check with your tax professional.

What if I don’t owe State taxes?

Charitable Tax Credit dollars may be carried forward for up to five years, reducing future tax liability.

How do I file for the credit?

There will be a simple line that will be included with your state tax form that you or your accountant will complete.

Tell me more about Christian Family Care.

CFC is a non-profit organization that has served Arizona children for over 34 years. We believe every child needs a loving and nurturing family. We have placed over 30,000 community children with Christian foster or adoptive families. We continue to show God’s love by providing hope and healing to hurting children and families.

We all have to pay taxes anyway, so why not direct your taxes to serve at-risk, vulnerable children instead of to the state.

*Please consult your tax advisor.

  • Special Message

  • More Info on the Tax Credit

  • Check Us Out