Every May, Foster Care Awareness Month is a special opportunity for us to share the news about the ministry of fostering. It is the perfect time to learn more about becoming a foster family or even consider welcoming foster children into your home. Join us in creating a future in which every child is loved and nurtured in a Christ-centered family!
Attend a free information meeting to learn more about fostering with Christian Family Care.
Step into foster care to help vulnerable children in our community.
What are the requirements for being a foster parent or family?
To become a licensed foster family in the state of Arizona, you:
- Must be 21 or older, with good references and a physician’s statement verifying your emotional and physical health.
- Need enough living space for a foster child (including a separate bed) and enough income to support your own family’s needs.
- Must pass a background check.
At Christian Family Care, we partner with married or single individuals who agree to our statement of faith and are actively involved in the Christian community.
Other facts about becoming a foster family with Christian Family Care…
- There is no financial cost to receive a foster family license, but the process usually takes about 3-5 months to complete.
- Before you foster children in your home, you must complete training, a home study by Christian Family Care, and a home inspection by the Arizona Office of Licensing and Regulation.
- Christian Family Care will walk alongside you and your family through every step of the licensing process.
- Once a child is placed in your home, you will receive support from the state for all necessary expenses and insurance. Working parents may also be eligible for childcare assistance.
Attend a free information meeting to learn more.
Not ready to attend an information meeting, but want to know more about becoming a foster family?
Connect with us to learn more about foster care.
If you’re interested in becoming a foster parent or family but not quite ready to join one of our free information meetings, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.