Project StarFish – Life Coach
Youth without a family, face many challenges and setbacks when transitioning out of the child welfare system into adulthood. Project Starfish helps teens and young adults navigate life outside of foster care including housing, job training and higher education. The goal is to prevent youth who age out of the system from becoming homeless, addicted to substances and incarcerated.
The focus of the program is to:
- Organize Arizona’s faith communities to surround and support teens aging out
- Partner with local labor and employment specialists to find employment
- Secure and maintain safe housing
- Provide expert, individualized case management services
Christian Family Care is looking to match Christian adults with youth preparing to transition out of the Foster Care System. Life Coaches are needed to support older youth on their journey to becoming successful members of our community.
Life Coaches receive training to assist in the areas of:
- Community, Culture, and Social Life
- Finance and Money Management
- Life Skills