STRONG Families for Children is a ministry serving families in our local community with temporary, short-term child hosting and social support services. It is a response to a call seen throughout scripture to sojourn with strangers, care for the hurting, and to love our neighbors (Leviticus 19:34; Luke 14:12-14; Matthew 5:43-48; Acts 20:35).
The program consists of 3 main roles, supported by CFC Staff and local churches: Placing Families, Host Families, and Family Friends. Placing Families are community families experiencing a challenge who need temporary, voluntary care for their children for up to 30 days. Host Families are Christian volunteers who open their hearts and homes to care for and disciple the children. Family friends are Christian volunteers who walk alongside the Placing Parent(s) and encourage and support them.
The Church is fundamental to the work we do in the STRONG Families program. We’d love to meet with you and share how the ministry is impacting the community and how your church can partner with us to meet the need.
Ways to Partner with and Support STRONG Families:
- Set up a Resource Closet for families (e.g., clothing, toys/games, bedding)
- Host a support group for volunteers serving Placing Families
- Invite Placing Families to your small groups or Bible studies
- Help Placing Families with practical needs (e.g., home repairs, car maintenance) as needed
- Share from the pulpit the call to help our local families who are struggling
- Host a table for STRONG Families to share the need for Host Families and Family Friends
- Support our services financially
- Pray for our program employees, volunteers, and clients
STRONG Families Inquiry