CFC Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible alone (the 66 books of the Old and New Testament) to be the inspired, authoritative word of God, without error in the original manuscripts (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33), in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), in His miracles (John 2:11), in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Cor. 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and in His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe that all human beings are lost and sinful by nature. For their salvation, regeneration by the Holy Spirit and (for all who have the mental capacity) personal faith in Jesus Christ are absolutely essential. Justification is by faith alone, in Christ alone, and is not based on any human works or doctrine. (John 3:16-19; 5:24, Romans 3:23; 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The true Church is the body of Christ of which He is the head (John 17:23, Ephesians 1:10; 4:11-13, Galatians 3:26-28, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Romans 8:9).
7. We believe in the resurrection of the saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal condemnation (Matthew 25:31-46, John 5:28-29).
Please request a copy of CFC Form #9016 – Full copy of the Guiding Principles and Religious Belief Statements, if desired.